You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Local Q & A

Are students of Himachal deprived of opportunities?

Hey Pals!

I am really concerned about the education system prevailing in Himachal Pradesh for long long years. Most of the population here lives in villages and unfortunately students from remote parts of the state do not get access to facilities provided in towns & bigger cities. I believe there is huge talent lying there in the shadow, only hitch is that there is no one to counsel them at the right time and at the right place...and as a result of this talent becomes latent forever...I think we are really deprived or rather handicapped that we could not solve this problem which has been fixing its roots for a long time now. Why students from my state can't make it to IIT or IAS or some other reputed place in huge numbers..is there brain drain..or there are no brains at all..You will agree both of my assumptions are wrong..so where is the roadblock...and what should be done to tackle this problem...i would appreciate if you share your views on this....
    Hello Puneet,

What a fantastic topic you have started to discuss. Really, its the need of the hour to know where Himachal education is lacking that it is not able to produce IITians and bureaucrats (IAS, HAS etc.) in bulk like other states.

I totally agree to you Puneet, that Himachal has no less talented brains than any other state but it just the matter of opportunities that keeps the Himachal students behind. 90% of population in Himachal is rural and they are hardly much aware of future prospective. Only the city areas of Himachal like Shimla, Hamirpur are widening in the educational infrastructure while not much of work is done in other districts. I think Himachal requires overall growth in educational sector so that a good number of students from Himachal reach to the services of apex.

The primary focus should be made on the rural schools and colleges in Himachal. The lecturers and teachers should attire themselves as good counselor updating the students with new job opportunities, how to prepare for them, from where to gather material and all. I think such small moves at root level will definitely help Himachal students.

"At great attempts, it is glorious even to fail."

Regards,
    Rohit Mian
    Webmaster Himachalspider.
    Editor India Study Channel.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.