You must Sign In to post a response.
- Category: Local Q & A
- #646The old name of Shimla was Simla. When Shimla was the capital of India, the city was called Simla not Shimla.
Aim at Sky and You will Hit the Mountain Top.
- #647Simla was the old name of capital city of Himachal Pradesh. Shimla is also known as Queen of Hills/Capital city of Himachal Pradesh.
Editor- Himachal Spider
- #671Simla was the summer capital of India
- #724Dear All,
Some of the facts about Shimla:
1. Shimla becomes capital of Himachal Pardesh in the year 1971, upon the formation of Himachal Pardesh as the state. Before that Shimla was the capital of the undivided state of Punjab in 1871, and remained so until the construction of the new city of Chandigarh
2. Kalka - Shimla rail line connecting Shimla with Chandigarn was constructed in 1906. It has 806 Bridges and 103 tunnels.In the year 2008 , it becomes part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Mountain railways of India.
3. Shimla is having one of the reputed medical institute of Himachal. The name of the college is Indira Gandhi Medical College.It also has a dental college St. Bedes
Thanks & Regards,