Other Places to Visit in Dharamshala:
1. War Memorial in Dharamshala: In the heart of Dharamshala, lies the famous War Memorial built to commemorate the brave soldiers from Himachal Pradesh who lost their lives during various wars. Yol Camp, which is an army area is also near to the War Memorial in Dharamshala.
2. Kangra Art Museum: If you want to learn the history of Kangra, then Kangra Art Museum is the best place to visit. Kangra Art Museum has the original throne of Raja Sansar Chand on the display. One can see the specimens of fantastic Kangra paintings in the Kangra Art Museum. One can find coins, jewellery, manuscripts, miniature Kangra paintings, sculptures etc. in kangra Art Museum.
3. Norbulinka Institute: Norbulinka Institute is at a distance of 10 kms from Dharamshala. Norbulinka institute gets its name from the summer residence of Dalai Lama in Lhasa. The main theme of Norbulinka institute in Dharamshala is to preserve and propagate the Buddhist art and culture. A beautiful Buddha temple, a Japanese garden and Losel Dalls Museum is inside the Norbulinka Institute.
4. Mcleodganj: A world famous place very near to Dharamshala, where people come from various countries to seek 'Peace of Mind'. After leaving Tibet, Dalai Lama, made his permanent residence in Mcleodganj. One can find complete Tibetan culture in Mcleodganj with Buddhist chanting and prayers all around. As such Mcleodganj is also known as 'Little Lhasa'.
5. Dal Lake in Dharamshala: Dal lake is situated at a distance of 11 kms from Dharamshala. Surrounded by tall Deodar trees all around makes the Dal lake look very beautiful and serene. Dal lake is very near to Durgeshawara Mahadev temple.
6. Chinmaya Tapovan in Dharamshala: Chinmaya Tapovan's was built as ameditation, health and recreation centre by late Swami Chinamayanada, a renowned exponent of Bhagwad Gita. Chinmaya Tapovan is also named after him. Chinmaya Tapovan is just 10 kms away from Dharamshala.
7. Dharamshala International Cricket Stadium: International Cricket Stadium at Dharamshala brought laurels to the state when IPL-3 matches were hosted by it. It helped in bringing Himachal in the world map. Located in the heart of Dharamshala city is the beautiful Dharamshala playground, surrounded by snow-capped Dhauladhar ranges. Dharamshala International Cricket Stadium has been rated as one of the most beautiful cricket stadiums in the world.
More articles: Dharamshala Tourism
No responses found. Be the first to comment...