Adventure Sports in Himachal – River Rafting at Kullu Manali
River Rafting in Kullu Manali
River Rafting in Himachal Pradesh has attracted huge interest and is becoming a popular activity for tourists visiting especially Manali & Kullu. River Rafting in Kullu Manali is one of the most loved activities by adventure enthusiast.
River rafting in Kullu Manali along the mighty river Beas and its tributaries offer unlimited excitement to the adventure sports lovers from all over the world. There are number of captivating rafting sites and among them the rafting sites of Mohal, Raison & Katrain in Kullu Valley offer magnificent grades & fun.
The rafting points in Kullu & Manali are quite affordable and reasonable with rafting charges much less than rafting charges in other destinations in INDIA.
White Water Rafting in Manali & Kullu valley can be enjoyed on river Beas from Pirdi (4 kms ahead of Kullu town) down to Jhiri, a stretch of approximately 14 kms. The rafting season in Kullu Manali is generally during summer months (Period Apr 15th-Jun end). The rafting journey from Pirdi to Jhiri takes almost one & half hour consisting of rapids from grade II & III.
Rafting at Pirdi in Kullu Manali commences at around 10 AM in the morning. The distance of Pirdi from Manali is around 45 kms. You need to start at 8AM from Manli towards Pirdi. It is also recommended that you stay in Kullu the night before yo go rafting. River Rafting in Kullu Manali will require one full day.
Rafting trip starting from Mohal, covers 10 Kms distance
Tips and Suggestions to the tourists going for River Rafting in Himachal Pradesh
1. Always hire experienced & trained rafting professionals.
2. Do not take along small kids for rafting
3. Do not ignore safety guidelines by the tourism department and have complete safety kits tied to your body.
4. Go in groups and get heavy discounts on rafting because group rafting rates can vary from individual rafting rates in Kullu Manali.
5. Please check special rates for student groups , educational groups for rafting and adventure packages.
6. There are many rafting points in Kullu Manali and rafting rates also vary from location to location but the finest locations for rafting in Kullu Manali region is near Mohal, Pirdi.
Other Adventure Sports in Himachal Pradesh
In Himachal Pradesh you can also enjoy Para Sailing , Zorbing , Para Gliding at Solang Valley at Manali.
Rafting Rates : Kullu Manali
Rs. 500/- to Rs 950 Per Person
More articles: River Rafting in Manali Kullu