Sheep Breeding and Fisheries Centers in Himachal Pradesh
Sheep Breeding in Himachal Pradesh: In Himachal Pradesh, it is impossible to think to improving agriculture without having good cattle. In majority if cases, agriculture production and marketing of the produce continuous to be done with bullocks. Sheep breeding from a major source of wool, mutton hides and manure. The total sheep population of the Himachal Pradesh is 11 lakhs. There are five sheep breeding farm in Himachal Pradesh, they are:
(1) Karchamm situated in Kinnaur district
(2) Jeori situatred in Chamba district
(3) TYal situated in Hamirpur district
(4) Nangwin situated in Mandi district
(5) Sarol situated in Chamba district.
According to the husbandry department there are 52,38,685 cattle in Himachal Pradesh including 145435 dogs.
Fisheries in Himachal Pradesh: Fisheries is the most important business of Himachal Pradesh. This business felt in every district of Himachal Pradesh. It is the best income and business for the Himachal people. This is all due to the finest river like Satluj, Beas and Chenab river. Besides, there are many natural lakes are situated in Himachal Pradesh like Khajjiar lake and man-made Gobind Sagar Lake. There are 78 types of fish spices are present in Himachal Pradesh. There are four fish centers in Himachal Pradesh, they are:
(1) Deoli situated in Bilaspur district
(2) Jagatkhana situated at Nalagarh in Solan district
(3) Alsu situated in Mandi district
(4) Milwa situated in Kangra district
Jeoli is the largest fish breeding farm in Asia.
More articles: About Himachal Pradesh