Amaltas tree its Root bark, Root, Pulp and Leaves as Home remedies
Amaltas – Cassia's Root bark, Root, Pulp and Leaves are much effective and useful in Acute and Chronic disease like common cold, constipation, helpful in relieving Skin irritation, Aguesia or Loss of taste sense, Alleviating swellings and pains.
Pulp of Amaltas - Cassia:
1. Constipation: Amaltas - Cassia pulp is popular laxative and 50 gram soaked pulp and 25 gram of sugar can be used in the treatment of constipation. It can be safely taken even by children and expectant mothers. The pulp is soaked in water overnight and then it strained in the morning and taken with sugar. The Cassia pulp is a mild, pleasant and safe purgative, hence generally used in combination with other drugs, preferably in mixture with the leaves of Senna botanically known as Cassia Angustifolia. Due to purgative properties Cassia pulp in quantity of 30 to 60gram may cause colic, nausea and flatulence.
2. Aguesia or Loss of taste sense: Amaltas – Cassia's pulp is beneficial in Aguesia or Loss of taste sense due to excessive use of opium or cocaine. In such cases about 24 grams of the pulp is mixed with a 250 ml of hot milk and used as a mouthwash to treat this syndrome.
3. Flatulence: Amaltas – Cassia's pulp mixed with Linseed or Almond oil is useful for children's suffering from Flatulence, in such cases mixed pulp can be applied around the navel; but evacuation must be ensure. It can be massaged on the stomach for easing the bowl movements.
Leaves of Amaltas - Cassia:
1. Skin irritation: Amaltas – Cassia's leaves are useful reliving the skin irritation and in alleviating swellings & pains. The juice or leaves paste serves as useful dressing for ringworm and inflammation of the hand or feet caused due to cold.
2. Rheumatism and Facial paralysis: The leaves can be rubbed on affected parts for relief from rheumatism and facial paralysis. The leaves also useful to relive dropsically swellings caused due to excessive accumulation of fluid in the body tissues.
Root and Root bark of Amaltas - Cassia:
1. Fever: The root of the Cassia tree is useful in reducing fever and can be used as tonic. Alcoholic extract of the root bark is used for Black water fever (BWF) – the fever of complication of malaria characterized.
2. Common Cold: The root of the Cassia tree is useful in common cold such as running nose, smoke from burning root can be inhaled. It encourages a copious nasal discharge and provides relief.
Note: Every one may not have the ability to analyses his / her body type as such the use of herb ingredients may not be beneficial or may act as problematic. Hence the herb Ingredients may be used under the guidance of Medical Practitioner.