Chamunda Devi Temple in Dharamshala
Chamunda Devi Temple is one of the popular temples of Himachal Pradesh. This temple is just 15 kms from Dharamshala in HP. This temple is mainly dedicated to Goddess Durga. Also, according to the people nearby it, this temple is 700 years old. A big pond is also connected to Chamunda Devi Mandir where devotees come a takes dip.
A large number of people come here to worship Goddess Durga. Also, the actual deity statue of Goddess is cover under cloth and not be allowed to seen by the visitors. This provides a special importance of the Murti of Durga Mata. A cave is also present at the back of the temple where Shiva's lingam is present. There are also many images of many Gods and Goddesses in the temple of Chamunda Devi.
The place is crowded by thousands of peoples at the time of Navratras. At that time people come from all over the country as well as from whole Himachal Pradesh. It is also said that Mata Chamunda Devi grants wishes of every true Devotee of her. The location of the Chamunda Devi templ is in such a place which gives a picturesque view of mountains. Many saints are also seen in this temple who keeps on doing meditation here.
Tourist attraction in Chamunda Devi Temple Dharamshala
* Most of the people come here to worship Goddess Durga which is one of the main attractions of tourists. Thus, every year thousands of devotees come here and mostly in the time of summer season.
* There is a large pond connected to this temple where devotees dip themselves and pray to Goddess Durga. Also, some believes that one's wish will be grantd by Goddess Durga if he will bath with this water and pray with true soul.
* Also, a cave like scoop is also present behind the temple where one can find God Shiva's Stone lingam. Many of the tourists also come here to see this beautiful lingam of Shiva.
* During Navratras, devotees come here in a large number to celebrate the festival of Navratri and worship Goddess Chamunda.
* The temple is situated in a place which provides a perfect picturesque view of the beautiful mountains nearby.
How to reach Chamunda Devi Temple Dharamshala
The temple of Chamunda Devi Temple is easily accessible as many roads from main cities of Himachal Pradesh passes through this temple. Also tourist can easily hire taxi from Dharamshala which is just 15 kms from here.
Pathankot is 90km away from Chamunda Devi Temple. You can also find a narrow gauge train their which moves from Pathankot to Jogindernagar in daily routine. From the famous Jwalaji Temple, this Mandir is 55km far. The nearest airport to Chamunda Devi temple is Kangra airport at Gaggal which is near Dharamsala and 28 kms away from the temple.
Hotels near Chamunda Devi Temple Dharamshala
* BW Anand Palace
Bhagsunag, Mcleodganj Upper, Dharamshala-176219, Himachal Pradesh, India.
* Grace Cottage
Old Chari Road, Kotwali Bazaar, Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh - 176215.
* Hotel Him Queen
Mcleodganj, Dharamsala, Himachal Pradesh.
* Surya McLeod
H.H. Dalai Lama Temple Road mcleodganj, Dharamsala, 176 219
* Aakriti Hotel & Restaurant
Him Vihar, Cantt, Roadm, Dharamshala Hp, Dharamshala - 176213
* Annex Hotel
Mcleod Ganj, Surya Rd, Dharamshala Hp, Dharamshala - 176213
* Asian Plaza Hotel
Main Chowk Mcleodganj, Dharamshala Hp, Dharamshala - 176213
* Atithi Hotel
Nr Shri Chamunda Devi Mandir, Dharamshala Hp, Dharamshala - 176213
* Bhagsu View Hotel
Bhagsunag,Mcleod Ganj, Dharamshala Hp, Dharamshala - 176213
* Bombay Palace Hotel
Nr Chamuda Mandir, Dharamshala Hp, Dharamshala - 176213
* Centre Point Hotel
Civil Line, Dharamshala Hp, Dharamshala - 176213
More articles: About Himachal and its Districts
MOST VIEW TEMPLE IN HP