Chamba in Himachal Pradesh
Chamba is a very popular tourist spot of Himachal Pradesh. In this article, it is mentioned about the History and tourist information about Chamba in Himachal Pradesh. Also, all the information related to how to reach Chamba and the hotels nearby is also given here. Hope this article will be helpful to you!
Chamba in Himachal Pradesh
Chamba is one of the popular tourist spots in Himachal Pradesh. It is a small town located at a height of 926 meters above the sea level. This is a perfect place for those who want to enjoy their holidays in vacations. Chamba is situated in the north western section in Himachal Pradesh. This town lies between the two hills and near to the river Ravi. This place is just 50km far from Tourist place Dalhousie. Come to Chamba to experience the fun of real life.
This place is also called the Rajput capital because of many resides of Rajputs. Many ancient temples are located in Chamba. Some of the lakes here are also very popular. Chamba is also one of the popular hill resorts in Himachal Pradesh. The best time to visit this beautiful hill station is between May and June. This is the time when the climate of Chamba is cool and present. During this time many Adventurous sports in Himachal Pradesh are also played here. At this time, thousands of tourists come here and experience this picturesque beauty of Chamba.
History of Chamba tells about the Rajput kings rule in 6th century AD. But, this has now became a place where people of different religions stay. Most of them are Hindu so you can find many Hindu Templs nearby the town of Chamba.
Tourist attractions in Chamba
- The most important attraction of Chamba town is its Central Park which is also called Chaugan. This is a place from where one can have a complete view of Chamba town.
- The next to this Rang Mahal, which is a very impressive ancient palace. The colour of thid palace is red and is very attractive. You can enjoy the shopping inside this palace.
- Bhuri Singh museum is one of the famous Museums in Himachal Pradesh which is situated in Chamba town. This museum is spreaded upto two floors. The opening time is from 11am o 5pm. One can have a closer look to People and Lifestyle of Himchal Pradesh.
- Also, there is a polo ground in Chamba which is very popular. This ground was earlier a cricket ground during the British rule.
- Only 20 km far from polo ground there is a village named Sago. The green beauty of this village is very famous and attractive. Many tourists often visit this village.
Temples in Chamba
Chamba town is full of religious temples and ancient monuments. People keeps on coming to these temples and takes the blessing of God and Goddess. Below is the list of Temples which are present in Chamba.
- Lakshmi Narayan Temple Complex: This is the largest temple complex of Himachal Pradesh. The temple is dedicated to Lord Vishnu and was built with Shikara style of architecture.
- Gauri Shankar: This temple is another pilgrimage in Chamba which is facing the Lakshmi Narayan Temple complex. It is the temple which was built in the 11th century.
- Brajeshwari Devi Temple: This is one of the famous temples in Chamba which is in the north eastern side of Lakshmi Narayan Temple. The attractive things which you will find here are the number of Stone panels and golden pots.
- Hari raya Temple: This is also a popular temple of Chamba which is visited by many tourists. Also, many small temples are surrounding this temple.
- Chamunda Devi Temple: This is a very famous temple of Himachal Pradesh. Incricately carved pillar roofs and beams are very impressive here. You will also find the male and female deities structures on the walls of the temple.
Click here to know more about Chamunda Devi Temple
How to reach Chamba
One can easily reach Chamba with air route. The nearest airport to Chamba is Gaggal which is located in Kangra District. Good and routine transportation is always available for Chamba.
Pathankot or ChakkiBank is the nearest railway station to Chmba. It is 127 km far from Chmba. This place is well connected with roads through Chamba town.
One can easily reach Chamba by Roadways. First take the NH 1 route to Jallandhar and then take NH 1A to Pathankot. From here you can easily reach Chamba via local state road.
List ofHotels in Chamba
- Hotel Aroma Palace
- Hotel Anantson Resorts
- Hotel Royal Dream
- Hotel Classic Hill Top
- Royal Residency
- Iravati Hotel
- Swiss Meadows Hotel
- Hritik Palace Hotel