Introduction: Chamera lake is an artificial lake formed because of construction of dam on the combination of river Ravi and Baira Suil. This dam is constructed by NHPC.
Location: Chamera Lake comes in a way of Pathankot-Chamba main highway. The lake is clearly visible from here.
1. About 25km from famous tourist place Dalhousie.
2. About 40km from Chamba.
3. Aboout 100km from Pathankot
How to Reach: The only way of reaching this place is by road. Numbers of state transport buses and private buses are available to reach this place. Private taxis are also available from Dalhousie and Banikhet.
Significance of Chamera Dam:
1. Chamera Lake provides irrigational facilities to the many villages that are scattered in and around Chamera Lake.
2. Chamera Lake provides many oppurtunities for boating and fishing activities.
3. To encourage water sports activities in the lake a water sports sub-center is set up by Himachal Pardesh Department of Tourism near the lake.
Chamera Lake looks very attractive in winters when all the surrounding areas are covered by natural vegitation.
Best Time to visit: Through out the year.
More articles: Other Place to Visit