Find Us on Facebook
Education in Himachal Pradesh
Pattern of Himachal Pradesh administrative services (HPAS) exam
Posted Date: 02-Feb-2012
Education in Himachal Pradesh
: 60 (
Himachal Pradesh is one the states which adopted the new pattern of IAS exam for HPAS exam. The new pattern of the HPAS exam is totally different from the earlier one. The main difference between the new and old pattern of HPAS exam is that now preliminary exam for HPAS is totally different from earlier one. Here I am giving the detail of new pattern of HPAS exam.
What is HPAS?
HPAS or Himachal Pradesh administrative services exam is one of the most prestigious and toughest exams of Himachal Pradesh. HPAS is conducted every year for the purpose of giving entry to the successful candidates into the administrative services of Himachal Pradesh. Mainly, HPAS is conducted for the posts of SDM and Tehsildar in the State.
To clear this exam and to make an entry to the administrative services of the state is the dream of every individual. But to clear this is exam is not an easy nut to crack as competition is very tough. To clear the HPAS exam, it's mandatory that one should first know the detailed pattern of the exam before planning the
preparation of HPAS exam
Pattern of HPAS exam
The pattern of HPAS has been changed from the last year. Now there is a significant change in the pattern of the exam. Let's discuss the whole pattern of the HPAS exam in detail. HPAS exam consists of three parts, i.e. Preliminary exam, Mains exam and personal interview.
Pattern of HPAS preliminary exam
The most significant change in the HPAS exam is that it has totally changed the pattern of
HPAS preliminary exam
. HPAS preliminary exam is now divided into two papers. Paper one HPAS preliminary exam consists of General studies whereas paper two is of general aptitude. Pattern of both the papers will be objective type. The each paper consists of 100 objective questions. Each paper has maximum marks 200.
The qualified candidates only from HPAS preliminary exam are eligible for the HPAS mains exam.
Pattern of HPAS mains exam
The pattern of HPAS main exam is similar to earlier pattern. The whole pattern of HPAS mains exam can be divided into compulsory and optional subjects.
Compulsory subjects of HPAS mains exam
- There are four
compulsory papers of HPAS mains exam
c) General studies
d) Essay writing
The subjects English and Hindi are of qualifying nature and have maximum scoring of 100 marks each. To qualify, candidate has to score minimum of 40% in the individual subject and to an aggregate of minimum 45% in the both subjects.
The maximum marks allotted for general studies are 150 and while maximum marks for essay writing are 100.
Optional subjects for HPAS mains exam
- Candidate appearing in the HPAS mains exam has to opt two optional subjects from the given list of 30 subjects. Each optional subject of the HPAS main is divided into two papers. So, the candidate has to give a total of 4 papers of 150 marks each.
Here is the list of the optional subjects for HPAS-
Commerce & Accountancy
However, a candidate can't opt the following given combination of the optional subjects for HPAS mains exam.
1. A candidate can't opt Mathematics and Statistics.
2. From all the given subjects of engineering, a candidate is allowed to take only one subject. In simple language, a candidate can take only one subject from mechanical, electrical or civil engineering.
3. A candidate can take only one out of the following given languages; Hindi, English, Literature, Urdu and Sanskrit.
4. A candidate can take only one subject from animal husbandry and agriculture and veterinary sciences.
5. A student can't take Anthropology and Sociology concurrently.
6. Candidate can take only one subject from the international relations, public administration and political sciences.
7. A candidate can opt only one from accountancy, commerce and management.
8. Candidate can't opt Public administration and management concurrently.
9. A candidate also can't take forestry and horticulture simultaneously for HPAS mains.
10. Combination of Horticulture, agriculture and animal husbandry and veterinary sciences is also not allowed in the HPAS mains exam.
11. Combination of Forestry, agriculture and animal husbandry & veterinary sciences is also prohibited in the HPAS mains exam.
Personal Interview in HPAS exam
Personal interview is the final hurdle of the HPAS exam. Candidates three times the vacancy are called for the interview. Candidates are selected on the basis of marks scored in the HPAS mains exam. The personal interview has no fixed duration but the maximum marks for the interview are fixed and of 150 marks.
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "Pattern of Himachal Pradesh administrative services (HPAS) exam"
O P Verma
12 Mar 2012
i have read all the optional subject for the HPAS exam. as am form pharmacy background i did not find any subject from this field. if i want to prepare for hpas from my feild is there some scope?
or have to change my field?
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Recent Himachal Articles
Holy Mani Mahesh Journey 2014
Metro Train to be run in Queen of Hill, Shimla, HP
"Bang-Bang" Bollywood movie shooting takes place in Kullu HP
Wotld heritage Great Himalayan National Park Kullu,HP
Book Fair 2014 held in Kangra by Book Expo India
Few days long Summer Festival 2014 starts in Dharamshala
International Minjar Festival 2014 starts from 27th July
Shoolini Fair 2014 starts from 20th June in Solan HP
Three day long Auto Fair celebrate in the Kullu District, HP
Job Fest 2014 celebration in LR Group of College from 21st May
Copyright © SpiderWorks Technologies Pvt Ltd., Kochi, India
All Rights Reserved.