What is HPAS?
HPAS or Himachal Pradesh administrative services exam is one of the most prestigious and toughest exams of Himachal Pradesh. HPAS is conducted every year for the purpose of giving entry to the successful candidates into the administrative services of Himachal Pradesh. Mainly, HPAS is conducted for the posts of SDM and Tehsildar in the State.
To clear this exam and to make an entry to the administrative services of the state is the dream of every individual. But to clear this is exam is not an easy nut to crack as competition is very tough. To clear the HPAS exam, it's mandatory that one should first know the detailed pattern of the exam before planning the preparation of HPAS exam.
Pattern of HPAS exam
The pattern of HPAS has been changed from the last year. Now there is a significant change in the pattern of the exam. Let's discuss the whole pattern of the HPAS exam in detail. HPAS exam consists of three parts, i.e. Preliminary exam, Mains exam and personal interview.
Pattern of HPAS preliminary exam
The most significant change in the HPAS exam is that it has totally changed the pattern of HPAS preliminary exam. HPAS preliminary exam is now divided into two papers. Paper one HPAS preliminary exam consists of General studies whereas paper two is of general aptitude. Pattern of both the papers will be objective type. The each paper consists of 100 objective questions. Each paper has maximum marks 200.
The qualified candidates only from HPAS preliminary exam are eligible for the HPAS mains exam.
Pattern of HPAS mains exam
The pattern of HPAS main exam is similar to earlier pattern. The whole pattern of HPAS mains exam can be divided into compulsory and optional subjects.
1. Compulsory subjects of HPAS mains exam- There are four compulsory papers of HPAS mains exam.
c) General studies
d) Essay writing
The subjects English and Hindi are of qualifying nature and have maximum scoring of 100 marks each. To qualify, candidate has to score minimum of 40% in the individual subject and to an aggregate of minimum 45% in the both subjects.
The maximum marks allotted for general studies are 150 and while maximum marks for essay writing are 100.
2. Optional subjects for HPAS mains exam- Candidate appearing in the HPAS mains exam has to opt two optional subjects from the given list of 30 subjects. Each optional subject of the HPAS main is divided into two papers. So, the candidate has to give a total of 4 papers of 150 marks each.
Here is the list of the optional subjects for HPAS-
However, a candidate can't opt the following given combination of the optional subjects for HPAS mains exam.
1. A candidate can't opt Mathematics and Statistics.
2. From all the given subjects of engineering, a candidate is allowed to take only one subject. In simple language, a candidate can take only one subject from mechanical, electrical or civil engineering.
3. A candidate can take only one out of the following given languages; Hindi, English, Literature, Urdu and Sanskrit.
4. A candidate can take only one subject from animal husbandry and agriculture and veterinary sciences.
5. A student can't take Anthropology and Sociology concurrently.
6. Candidate can take only one subject from the international relations, public administration and political sciences.
7. A candidate can opt only one from accountancy, commerce and management.
8. Candidate can't opt Public administration and management concurrently.
9. A candidate also can't take forestry and horticulture simultaneously for HPAS mains.
10. Combination of Horticulture, agriculture and animal husbandry and veterinary sciences is also not allowed in the HPAS mains exam.
11. Combination of Forestry, agriculture and animal husbandry & veterinary sciences is also prohibited in the HPAS mains exam.
Personal Interview in HPAS exam
Personal interview is the final hurdle of the HPAS exam. Candidates three times the vacancy are called for the interview. Candidates are selected on the basis of marks scored in the HPAS mains exam. The personal interview has no fixed duration but the maximum marks for the interview are fixed and of 150 marks.
i have read all the optional subject for the HPAS exam. as am form pharmacy background i did not find any subject from this field. if i want to prepare for hpas from my feild is there some scope?
or have to change my field?